Opposites Attract



Opposites attract


For everything

There’s a juxtaposition 

You’ve got to have current

To start the ignition


Take it or a leave it

An entrance an exit

Doubt it or believe it

It’s EU or Brexit


Hired or fired

Casual or black tie

Set free or mired

Teetotaler or bar fly


And when it comes

To the two of us

It can be explained 

Without too much fuss


I say Toe”MAY” toe

You sat Toe “MAH” toe

I say Poe”TAY”toe

You say Poe”TAH”toe


It’s your Yankee twang

Verses my Southern drawl

You say “Hey you guys”

I say “Hey yawl”


Your pillow’s fiber

Mine’s stuffed with feather 

Your sheets must be cotton 

I don’t mind polyester 


I like it hot 

You like it mild

I like the shag carpet 

You prefer tile


I like to watch action

You like ‘em sappy

You call him Grandfather 

I call him Pappy


You like it tidy

I don’t mind messy 

Blues jeans are fine

You like it dressy


You like to walk

I like to run

I like it rare

You like it done


It’s really quite simple

It’s flats or stilettos

Things that are different 

Can make for strange bedfellows


But love makes the difference 

The glue that will bind

Even if two people

Aren’t quite the same kind 


It’s black or it’s white

It’s fiction or fact 

We’re the proof positive 

That opposites attract 


John snelling

03:24:21

Comments

Popular Posts