Froggy Love



Froggy love


There was a time

Every pond seemed mundane

lily pad to lily pad

They all were the same


I’d mope all day long

Such a sad bloke

With no evening song

Or reason to croak


Suddenly a bounce 

A spring in my jump

The moment I spied you

Alone on that stump


With big bulging eyes

And a soft underbelly 

And green skin that glistened

Like a bowl of mint jelly


My amphibian heart

Skipped a few beats

I crossed that big pond

With just a few leaps


Then day after day

I’d ask for a hug 

I plied you with minnows 

And big juicy bugs


I leaped in the air

When you finally agreed

On the condition I’d bring you 

A fat centipede 


I search high and low

Even went up on land

For that multi legged critter

To meet your demand 


I finally found one 

He sure put up a fight 

But you swallowed him down

Gulp! Just one bite


Now every evening

We hop on a rock

And I sing you sweet songs 

Till you make me stop 


You know that I love you

But I’ll be explicit 

Baby ... you put the “RRRRRRR”

Back in my Ribbit


John snelling

03:17:21

Comments

Popular Posts