Gods Of Salons




Gods of Salons


Time to re-tint those roots

They’re starting to show

And trim up those split ends

Those hairs just won’t grow 


All covered in tin foil

Stuck under that dryer

You feel like a chicken 

That’s been thrown in the fryer


It’s painful to be beautiful

That saying is true

So give me “The Works”

Color, cut, and shampoo


Now from my perspective

I guess it’s worthwhile 

For my girl to look pretty

With the latest hairstyle


But I just have one 

Little valid complaint 

May the Gods of the Parlor

Please show some restraint 


When an appointment is scheduled

For her next Vidal Sassoon

Don’t make one available

At least before Noon


Please show me some mercy

And I shall proclaim 

O’ Great Gods of Beauty 

May you forever reign 


For her days off from work

Are so far and few

So bestow a reprieve

From her homage to you


I beseech thee great Gods

Of hair and of nails

To bless this mere mortal

And ease my travails


For sacraments are pledged

For deities above

To perform a ceremony

To the Goddess of Love


The ritual is simple 

A celebration of flesh

Of caffeine and kisses

Till our passions are blessed


So grant me this one wish

And I shall commission in bronze 

A glorious memorial 

To the Gods of Salons


John snelling

03:25:21

Comments

Popular Posts