Minerva Sherpa



Minerva Sherpa


Endurance racing can be tough

When your standing on that river dock

Or ocean sand or lakeshore mud

It’s you against the clock 


All around you nerves on edge

Boom! The cannon cracks

But you are are calm because you know 

Someone always has your back


For behind the scenes there lurks another 

Their praises rarely sung

Those sweaty clothes and racing gear

And cowbells to be rung


More than just a racing buddy

A helper extraordinaire  

Someone you can always count on

The victories and defeats you share


They might be a family member 

A spouse or significant other

Or maybe just a racing friend

A parent, a sister, or brother 


But I know that I’m the lucky one

For mine is simply the best

I can swim and bike and run

But I can’t do all the rest 


And when I round the corner 

And hear my name out loud

Snelling! Shouts a familiar voice

Above the noisy crowd 


A stolen kiss and off I go

My beautiful observer 

The reason that I race so hard

I know I don’t deserve her


My heart, my love, my racing soul

She’s my Minerva Sherpa


John Snelling

03:16:21


Minerva

Greek Goddess of:

courage

Wisdom

Inspiration

Victory

Bravery

Strength 

Protection

Strategy 

Skill


Comments

Popular Posts