The Perfect Woman



THE PERFECT WOMAN

A lucky man I was to whom

The fates bestowed so kind

And sent to me an Angel fare 

Or a Devil in disguise?


Her horns were hidden oh so well

Of them I did not see

Eyes of blue and golden hair

The illusion was complete


So this may be the last poem 

That I ever write 

For I’m taking on a subject

That may cost my life 


I really won’t be murdered

But the saying does forewarn 

That Hell Has No Fury

Like a Woman’s Scorn


She said, “I’ll never be my Daddy”

“He’s too is set in his ways”

Yet she becomes more like him 

With every passing day


No use to argue with Dad or Daughter 

No disscusion nor rapport

Don’t object for they’re correct 

Hell Katie! Bar the Door!


Others made mention of her traits

But must to their chagrin 

The last boyfriend that noted them

Lost a lotta skin 


Her personality is OCD 

Each object she’ll re-order

Even doggie treats on the plate 

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder


Her Altruism toward animals

Is completely unsurpassed 

With humans taking 2nd Place

Boyfriends are dead last  


Tight places make her nervous 

Don’t swim too far from shore

Heights are scary and as for speed 

Don’t put that pedal to the floor


Graceful as a swan she rides

As long as speeds are slow 

But the handlebars she tightly grips 

Don’t ask her to let go 


Dare not move an object 

From where it’s supposed to be

For when she walks into the room 

It’s the first thing she will see 


Some foods will never touch her lips

For her face will surely scrunch 

Be sure there are no mushrooms 

If you take her out lunch 


Back and forth the knife will go

On bread that’s being buttered

It must be spread a certain way 

Each corner must be covered 


Sure she has some oddities

The Phobias abound

Even Situational anxiety 

And others quite profound 


Though the idiosyncrasies are many

And she certainly has her ways

There’s something about this woman

That makes you want to stay


It’s completely contradictory 

But her praises I will sing

For me she is The Perfect Woman 

I wouldn’t change a thing


John Snelling

03:17:19


#44

Comments

Popular Posts