Laparoscopic Love




Laparoscopic Love

Had some surgery yesterday
They put me “under the knife”
My girlfriend took me to and from
They thought she was my wife

I went in at eight AM
Was home by four o’clock
And now my puffed up tummy
Has three brand new little dots

One is at my Belly Button
Two just right below
Doc put a screen on either side
And now I am good to go

The procedure, it went very well 
Or so I have been told
I simply had a midday nap
Completely knocked out cold

Waking up in recovery 
My abdomen did sting 
But three rounds of Dilaudid 
And I didn’t feel a thing

I’d known something was really wrong 
For Two years my Doc said no
But the Surgeon checked me better
See... I told you so!

I had a little hernia
Iguinial was the type
Prevented me from training
Or climbing mountains on my bike 

Soon I’ll be much better
No excuses anymore 
But the Doc said not to do too much
And wait 6 weeks or more

Then begins another quest 
To heed the “Kona Call”
The year is young, i have some time
Three big races in the Fall

But before I can fully resume
My pursuit to be on top
I have to drop some weight for sure 
A diet to adopt

My love is sweet to everyone 
She took good care of me
Tried to get my script refilled 
And got some groceries 

But the Doc forgot to sign the script
So his office has been called
Hopefully a new prescript....
His name on will be scrawled

Soon I will be a brand new man 
So climb on if you please 
And our love will once again resume 
Laparoscopically 

John Snelling
03:06:19

#39

Comments

Popular Posts