Corona Love

Corona Love

I’ve contracted a contagion 
A particularly puzzling strain
My head is dizzy
My heart is racing 
It’s driving my insane

The Doc told me emphatically
It’s too late for a vaccine 
“Your case my son”
“Is the worst”
“That I’ve ever seen!”

He listed all the possibilities
And all things in between
Pulled out his pad
And wrote a script
For Polytetrafloroethylene

I asked if this would help me heal
He shrugged and said, “I doubt it”
“But it may ease”
“The palpitations”
“And help you to surmount it”

You’ve got it bad”, he exclaimed
“There’s no known cure to date”
“We’ll treat the symptoms”
“So stay in bed” 
“And hope it’s not too late”

A solemn frown was on his face
When he gave it to me straight
“Just make your plans”
“And await the day”
“When your heart will surely break”

“I’ll take my chances” I told him back
Of all the things thereof
Cause when she kissed me
I caught the bug
This lucky guy has Corona Love

John snelling
04:15:20

#77

Comments

Popular Posts