Fortuna Redux



Fortuna redux

Love blossomed with the flowers

It’s heat blowing in on the Summer wind

An adventure started high on a mountain

Where my mind returns again and again


When the stiff breeze made us cling so closely

And a stolen a kiss led to another

A million kisses later yet I long for the next 

The next kiss from my lover 


The perpetual emotion of love is real

The centrifugal force on the wheel we cling 

Drunk and dizzy and hearts beating faster 

Both reaching out for the big brass ring 


One day we are sure to seize it 

The irony is our ride may end

But until that day I reminisce with pleasure  

The mountaintop where our love began


For riches come in many forms

As the Goddess of Luck extols

Mere Jewels, Gold, and Silver coins

Will never enrich one’s soul  


True wealth is derived from love alone

Heart’s pockets be never bare

So stay with me forever my love

And answer to my lover’s prayer


For if we are ever pulled apart 

By a turn of fortune or the twist of luck

I will pray that we will be reunited

By the kindness of Fortuna Redux


John snelling

03:29:20


#83







Comments

Popular Posts