Cleopatra Eyes




Cleopatra eyes

So translucent you can see

The distant Milky Way

Two pools you can dive in 

With wanton reckless desire

Colored with a tint that only 

God could ever have made

Staring back at you with love 

On a beautiful day 


Together in this hammock

Strung up in the trees

A river slowly running by 

That’s older than the Nile

If you’ll be my Cleopatra 

I’ll be Mark Anthony 

I believe I may just hang around 

And stay here for a while


With your Blue skies 

And blue eyes

I never had a chance

Caught up in your glance


Your Hellos 

And goodbyes

Meaning more each time we greet

And every time you leave 


I’ve been Baptized 

In the fires

Burning bright and sweet

In your twinkling peeps


Your wiles 

They beguile

I’ve never had a feeling

That ever felt so deep


They’re speaking to my heart 

In a language of their own

Now I can see that love’s forever 

Through the windows to your soul

For yours are the most beautiful

Cleopatra Eyes

That I’ve ever known


John snelling

03:27:20


#82





Comments

Popular Posts