Good Boy!


Good boy!

I can’t play fetch
Or wag my tail
Or bark at the moon
Or flush out a quail 

I can’t scratch my ear
With one of my feet
Or jump up so high
Just for a treat 

I can’t chase my tail
In circles like crazy
Or sleep all day long
A new meaning for lazy 

I can’t crunch a bone
Or gnaw an old shoe
Or constantly find
Something to chew

I can’t swivel my ears 
From the back to the front
Or lead the whole pack
When we’re out on a hunt

I can’t beg for my favorite 
Squeaky rubber ducky
Or drink out of mud puddles
And eat stuff that’s yucky 

No, I don’t profess 
To posses all these skills
But I have a talent....
I know how to lay still

Yes, I take commands
My heart you control
Your wish my command
I do as I’m told

Though not always obedient 
And sometimes annoy
When it’s all said and done with
Who’s your Good Boy?

John Snelling
04:07:20

#75

Comments

Popular Posts