Heartstrings



Heartstrings


All tied up 

Down inside

My emotions running hot 

Dangling by

A single thread

My libido’s all in knots 


Wrapped up in 

Love’s twisted twine

Submitted to obediently 

I don’t believe 

The great Houdini

Could escape these bonds too easily 


The days tick by

And I abide 

No tolerance for complaints

Until when 

You decide 

To loose these sweet restraints 


France fought England 

For 100 years 

That war went on forever

It seems that long 

My heart’s still cuffed

Caught in your love’s leathers


Your carnal desires

Are all that can

Alleviate my situation 

Shackled I wait 

Please initiate 

Passion’s emancipation 


I’ll know my freedom

Is on the way

When I hear that drawer slide open 

But till then 

I lay still in 

Love’s web you’ve tightly woven


Captured by 

Love’s wonton strands 

And the tangles they may bring

I’m a happy man 

Just knowing I’m 

Caught up in your Heartstrings


John snelling

09:04:21

Comments

Popular Posts