Worm Love



Worm love


If I could only be a worm

A squiggly kind of guy

I know that I could love you more

And there’s one reason why 


I’d have a huge advantage 

Over all non-arthropods 

Because I’d have 10 of something

They only have 1 of


It’s not a big fat bank account

Or even a fancy car

It’s something much more simple

And makes us who we are 


And since I’d now have 10 of them

9 more than before

Even worms can do the math

I’d love you 10 times more


It’s something very common

nothing too abstract 

I’d have 10 hearts instead of 1

a biological fact


One heart to love you 

Both day and night

One heart to long 

When you’re out of sight


One heart to ache

For your goodnight kiss

One heart to pine 

When your touch I miss


One heart to believe

That you’ll never leave

One heart to break 

Should you ever deceive 


One heart to flutter

When you whisper low

One heart to race 

When you slide real close 


One heart to turn jealous

Should your eyes ever stray

One heart to be content 

When you decide to stay


For if we could only both be worms

We wouldn’t pout or be concerned 

Cause we could never get enough 

Of boring holes through rotten stuff


And spending all our worming time

20 hearts in love, always entwined 

And together we could squish and squirm

If we could only both be worms


John snelling

09:20:21



…………………..


Some worms have five pairs of aortic arches that run along the length of its body (or 10 single arches, if you count each pair as two separate structures)


A worm's "hearts" sit near the creature's mouth and function much like a human heart


After a worm "breathes" through its skin, its aortic arches pump the oxygenated blood through its body  

Comments

Popular Posts