Puppy Love (Revisited)



Puppy love (revisited)


Everyday 

would be a romp

A chewy snarly 

who’s the baddest

Give back that shoe! 

You’re suddenly caught

Turn on that charm 

to be the saddest


But as soon 

as the danger’s passed

More falling over 

tumbling times

Back to the business 

of being bad

I’ll lick yours 

if you’ll lick mine


Belly tickles 

are the best 

More barking,

biting, and ballyhoos 

But that’s not enough, 

got things to chew

Till we’re all worn out 

and it’s time to snooze


I’d snuggle down 

into a ball 

My tail curled in 

a curlicue

Ears and elbows, 

feet and paws

I’d dream the dreams 

that puppies do


My dream would be 

of me and you

Cause puppy dreams 

always come true

And Puppy Love 

would start anew

Cause you would be

a puppy too 


John snelling

11:14:22

Comments

Popular Posts