Another Poem



Another poem


I need to write 

Another poem

Not to short 

Not too long 


One that states 

When you’re gone

Just how I feel

When I’m alone


I need to find 

The words to say

How my heart aches

When you’re away


Words that make 

It very clear

How sad I am

When you’re not near


I need a blanket 

For my heart 

To keep it warm

When we’re apart


Warmth won’t exist 

When you’re away

The heat escapes

From love’s cache


I need the verbs 

That will inspire 

To fan the flames

Maintain the fire


A fire that burns 

Strong and bright

And not be embers

Come morning light


But what I need 

The very most 

Is your love near

And always close


And every morning 

When I awake

The sweetness of

Your warm embrace


If morning comes 

And you’re not there

I won’t break down

I won’t despair 


Grief won’t help

A heart that breaks

Perhaps my pen

Can ease the ache


No use to grieve 

Or bemoan 

I’ll simply write 

Another poem


John snelling 

03:21:22

Comments

Popular Posts