I “Simply” Do Not Love You



**I *”Simply” Do Not Love You

*it’s complicated 


An amoret for my darling

An agnomination of affections true 

An apophasis that must be said 

I “simply” do not love you  


For that would be too abecedarian 

For aeviternal are we

Aeonian is our union shouted

altitonanty from sea to sea


For you are my adelaster flower 

Against a sky azure 

An aprique day where one can hear

The song of an accentor 


My love is aerostatic 

An aerious adulation anew

An aeolian song that sings your name

A sweet and comfortable assuetude 


For my soul has been abraided 

Abask in love’s sweet glow

An aesopian adoration 

Under my hearts abatjoir 


If I am wrong I will aby

And abnegate the truth

Though absonant my words may sound

I “simply” do not love you 


John Snelling

02/05/19


#24



** with definitions below


I “Simply” Do Not Love You 


An amoret (sonnet) for my darling

An agnomination (rhetorical statement) of affections true 

An apophasis (tongue in cheek quote ) that clearly states

I “simply” do not love you  


For that would be too abecedarian (rudimentary)

For aeviternal (evermore) are we

Aeonian (lasting) is our union shouted

altitonantly (loudly) from sea to sea


For you are my adelaster (unnamed) flower 

Against a sky azure (of blue)

An aprique (sunny) day where one can hear

The song of an accentor (songbird


My love is aerostatic (lighter than air)

An aerious (airy) adulation anew

An aeolian (wind tone) song that sings your name

A sweet and comfortable assuetude (habit)


For my soul has been abraided (awakened)

Abask (garnering warmth) in love’s sweet glow

An aesopian (secret) adoration

Under my hearts abatjoir (skylight)


If I am wrong I will aby  (Pay)

And abnegate (repudiate) the truth

Although absonant (discordant) my words may sound

I “simply” do not love you 


John Snelling

02/05/19


Comments

Popular Posts