Birds Of Paradise



 Birds Of Paradise 


 To be a Bird Of Paradise

And have its birds eye view

An avian perspective

Of the path for me and you


A flying feathered creature

With vision so astute

I could see the slightest movement

Perhaps predict our route


A winging wind borne wonder

With a set of eagle eyes

And from my lofty vantage point

Perhaps I could apprise


For I could fly up high enough

To see the road ahead

And be aware of pitfalls 

So not to be mislead


A boundless bird of fortune

On the wings of time I’d dwell

And read the currents of the wind 

Our futures to foretell 


Then chirp an evening lullaby

From high atop a tree 

A throated lustful melody 

To turn your gaze to me


And build a nest of silver strings

Of shiny trinkets gold 

A place to hatch affections

To prune a love foretold


Forever we would float on clouds

Soaring currents high

And feast upon the fruits of love

Two Birds Of Paradise 


John Snelling

02:11:18


#26

Comments

Popular Posts