In the End ....






In the End ...


I don’t just race for personal glory

Realism strikes that down

I am simply one of many

Finding adulation in a smattering of applause 


Or the number of “Likes” on Social Media 

Or receiving fellow amateur’s “Kudos”

Or hearing “Good Job” during a race

All contribute to our sustainability  


My true motivation is driven by deeper needs

The desire to squeeze every drop out of life

To stay healthy not only for myself

But for those that love me


Yet there is an overiding selfishness 

Not for ego, but for “another”

To be fit and able enough

To enhance “their” contentment 


For the longer I am healthy

The longer I am able to Love You 

For loving you is my real motivation

In the end....

You are my true reason for racing 


John snelling

08:03:18


#8


Comments

Popular Posts