Puppy Love



Puppy love 


I wish I was 

The puppy in the window

Clumsy and fat

Like a roly-poly pig


And you were the little 

towheaded girl

With one missing tooth

And ears way too big


I’d make little smooge marks

With my wet puppy nose

And lick at your hand 

Pressed up to the glass


Then hold up my paws

Way in the air

And scratch like the dickens

Faster than fast 


And the sound that you hear

From my puppy hoots 

Says, “Please take me home”

“See my little white boots?”


So everyday I can gnaw

On your favorite shoes

Then roll on my back 

And turn on the cute


And every night

Like a little bear cub

I’d snuggle and snort

Till my belly you’d rub


You’d laugh and you’d giggle 

And pretend to be scared

When I’d growl and I’d pounce

And bite at your hair


And we’d be together 

Like a hand in a glove 

Two peas in a pod

With our Puppy Love


John Snelling

08:14:22

Comments

Popular Posts