Lovey-Dovey



Lovey-dovey 


The truth be told

I shouldn’t complain

And count myself real lucky

To have a girl 

That’s cute and sweet

You might even call her plucky


But that just makes it

Worse you see

And my mood becomes quite huffy 

When she is there 

And I am here

You can rest assured I’m sulky


And all I have 

Is the telephone 

Even texting is downright yucky 

All the words 

I type or say

They seem to come out stuffy


The only plus

Is she can’t see

How sad I am and grubby

My chin ain’t smooth

The way she likes 

And my tummy’s sorta scruffy


I need a date 

And I’ll get straight 

And really scrub-a-dubby

Cause when it comes 

To her lover man 

She’s quite the Fuddy-duddy


But maybe soon

I’ll be with her

As happy as a puppy

my slick belly she’ll tickle

And we’ll both giggle 

And make some Lovey-Dovey


John Snelling

08:25:22

Comments

Popular Posts