Motley Misfits



Motley Misfits


Libido brought his gavel down

He still ran this show

He’d survived a recent challenge 

From his old friend Testostrone 


Speaking from the podium

He tried to calm the crowd 

A rowdy bunch for sure tonight

Their shouts and jeers quite loud 


“Order! Order!” He exclaimed 

“It’s time to call the roll

To see who’s here and who is not

For we’ve all a common goal”


“So answer when I call your name”

“Please answer loud and strong

Then we’ll get this meeting started

And move things right along”


“Heartache, Love, and Pessimism 

Both the Kisses, Optimism 

Boobie Time and You Know Who

Hugs and me, Libido too”


“It never ever will get better!”

Cried the pissed off pessimist

“It’s understood that she’s no good”

Echoed the misogynist 


“Here now!” “Not so fast you two”

As he pounded even harder

“Wait until you name is called”

“You’re both way out of order” 


“And where the heck did you come from?”

He asked of the latter

“You’re certainly not allowed in here

To disparage her fine character”


“Throw him out!”, He ordered

“For all women we respect”

“We treat our girl with dignity

Even when we are upset”


“Now the chair recognizes Mr. Kiss 

Whom I believe wishes to make

A point of order to denote

Exactly what’s at stake”


“Thank you, Mr. Chairman”

“Just like my smooches, I’ll be brief”

“In fact the point of all of this

Is there needs to be more length”


“I’ve only had the briefest pucker

Or a peck right on the cheek”

“There hasn’t been a lingering kiss

In a year much less a week”


“Oui Oui! I’ll second that Monsieur!” 

Said the French Kiss with a lisp

“There needs to be more tongue involved

More French in every kiss” 


“To tongue or not to tongue 

That seems to be the question”

“And it’s quality not quantity

At least that’s my suggestion”


“Let’s put it to a vote right now

So there can be no doubt”

“Say aye in favor of the tongue”

“Say nay to vote without”


With little hesitation 

They all began to shout 

“Kissing must be passionate!”

“It must be open mouth!”


“So we’ll move on, its heartache’s turn”

“He’s been standing there in tears”

“Step up my boy don’t be afraid”

“We’re all anxious to hear”


“Because I worry all the time

I’ve developed an arrhythmia”

“This emotional coagulation

Will certainly lead to Thrombophillia”


“Your heartfelt comments duly noted

And there’s no pun intended”

“We’ll have debate on each concern

And see what’s recommended”


“That’s why we’re here this evening

To achieve a resolution 

In hopes she’ll heed our grievances 

And find a quick solution”


A gentle voice spoke up and said 

“We must be optimistic”

“Display some understanding”

“Don’t be antagonistic”


“That’s nice words Optimism”

As the Boobies spoke together

“But The time since we were both caressed 

Just seems like forever”


Suddenly a booming voice

Echoed through the hall

They all turned to see him there

Standing erect and tall


“All this foolish bellyaching

Never will persuade”

“I understand  all the frustration”

“But there only is one way”


“Love and I will work together”

“Be patient and you’ll see”

“In the meantime let’s be grateful 

That she’s taking care of me”


“That’s not enough!” “We want more!”

They chimed in unison

“We’re standing on the sidelines

While you’re having all the fun”


“I see your point and you’re correct”

“I’m frustrated too”

“I need some time inside real bad”

“But I’ll see what I can do”


“I can’t make you promises”

“Or say what it will entail”

“But I’ll try for some alternatives 

And in the end love will prevail”


“Start with hugs, they’ve been left out”

“Let passions slowly grow”

“You can catch more bees with honey”

“In the end you never know”


“Soon she will feel better”

“Then an entrance she’ll permit

And you’ll all be there to cheer me on

My team of Motley Misfits


John Snelling

01:04:24

Comments

Popular Posts