When Love Will Arise - Wōdnesdæg



When Love Will arise


Wake up old Wōden

I have a request

And tell your bud Mercury 

He’s had enough rest 


My allegiance to both

As solid as stone

A loyalty that binds me

To both I atone


But I need you two Norse Gods

To get off the schneid 

And help this mere mortal

Who’s being denied


On the day so named 

To honor you both 

Grant me a pleasure 

For my solemn oath


And use your great powers

To rule over “Mercredi”

Enchant my sweet lover

With a passion for me


Then come Wednesday morning 

The glory is thine

When my love lays beside me

And our hearts do entwine


On this day of Mercury 

“Dies Mercurii”

The great day of Wōden

When Love Will Arise


John snelling

05:10:22



French - Mercredi - Wednesday 

Latin - Dies Mercurii - ‘day of Mercury

Middle English - ‘day of Wōden - Wednesday

Comments

Popular Posts