Silly Willy Nilly Things




Silly Willy nilly things


I wish I was a puppy dog 

Lying on his back 

So you could scratch my belly 

For the attention that I lack


For if I were a tractor

John Deere green expressly 

I’d make some room so you’d climb on up

Just like Kenny Chesney


If I could be an astronaut 

I’d rocket way past Mars

Then hurry back to earth to bring you 

A million shooting stars


I could be a tuba

With a big old shiny bell

I’d play notes for you so long and low

They’d hear them down in Hell


Or a silver talking harp

With angelic magic strings

So the Angels up in Heaven hear

The love songs that I’d sing


‘Cause if I were a Ferris Wheel

Selfishly I’d spin you ‘round

Then stop you at the very top

And never let you down 


Or a shiny pair of handcuffs

To lock you up real tight

You’d be my love forevermore

Morning Noon and night 


Yet if I was a garden gate

Guarding fields of flowers fare

I’d let you in to pick them all My Dear

For your golden hair


Oh! To be a twin tattoo

On an opposing cheek

I’d howl all night at my brother wolf

On the other peak


I’d love to be an ice cream cone 

A chocolate triple scoop

You’d lick on me until I was gone 

Whoopity whoopity whoop! 


But I am just an average guy

Who’ll never be a king

And this pauper loves you more than all

Those Silly Willy Nilly Things


John snelling

11:08:20

Comments

Popular Posts