Love’s Room Revisited



Love’s room revisited


I knocked on the door 

Though I don’t know why

In the past when I came here

I was always alone 

To drop off a memory

Or a bottle of tears

In this room that was penned

for us in a poem


I pulled out the key

To your heart that I hold 

Molded from metal

Where love fires have burned

Yet the keyhole all rusty

From not being used

With a stiff click

The tumblers were turned


A squeak of the knob

A groan from the hinge 

A lean of the shoulder 

Threw open the door 

Particles dancing 

On a single sunbeam 

A puff of dust rising

Like a ghost from the floor 


I stood in the doorway

Frozen in time

How long had it been? 

Still peering inside

But the light was too dim

For the curtains were drawn 

Was this the same room 

Where our love did abide?


I stepped to the window

And pulled back the shades

As Sunshine streamed in

I turned slowly around

A calmness washed over me

Yes .. this was the room

Comfy and cozy

Where our love is found


It needed a little dusting

The pillows a little fluffing 

The sheets a little tucking

Some tender love and care

I opened the window

To the sound of birds singing

The smell of Spring flowers 

A breath of fresh air


I tidied things up

Then kicked off my shoes

Laid back on the cushions

My loving chores done

Looking around 

I made a quiet vow

To return here more often

Where our love had begun 


I left kisses for my lady

In hopes she drops by 

Even hung a new feeling

A soft embrace or two

Took home a little warmth

To share one lazy morning 

A dose of passion to entice her

For a loving “rendezvous”


With a hammer of hope

And a chisel of chance 

Are stanzas carved to guide you

As you dream your way back

Just look for the stone 

From this heart your love melted

Hung on the doorway

As this simple plaque:


“Decorated with desire

Furnished with fondness

Built on a foundation 

Of togetherness and trust

These walls made from want

Support a roof of reminisces

Nailed with the passion 

Of longing and lust”


“So do come in

And linger awhile

All of your troubles 

Will go away soon 

The lock has been oiled

The hinges are greased

There’s even a vase

Where fresh flowers bloom

You can always revisit 

Stay as long as you wish

My Dear you are welcome 

In Our Love’s Room”


John snelling

11:06:20

Comments

Popular Posts