Lunchtime Love




Lunchtime Love


Everyday like clockwork

My iPhone starts to buzz

And if I have my ringer on

I hear the sound I love 


30 minutes after 1:00

That’s when the call comes in

Hey there Sweetie! How’s your day? 

How the heck heck have ya been? 


“Another crazy day so far

At the Walmart Pharmacy”

“Working at an insane asylum 

Would be an easier place to be”


Each and every tourist 

On her mental health impinges

“I left my medicines at home!”

“Do you folks have sigh-rin-jezzes?”


When she calls

We’ll chit and chat

I’ll tell her “this”

She’ll tell me “that”


She’s Doling out the medications 

To all the unwashed hoards

While everyday I make some noise

On my three keyboards


I may be pounding ivories

While she dispenses Albuterol 

But every day we both look forward

To our Lunchtime Lovers Call


John Snelling

07:20:24

Comments

Popular Posts