Octopus Dreams



Octopus Dreams


I wonder if 

An octopus dreams 

Of tasty little fishies 

And lazy Gulf Streams 


Or do they ponder

More erudite things

Like long lost empires 

Of kings and queens


Now if I were an octopus

Just one thought I’d entertain 

For I could truly concentrate 

Because I’d have nine brains 


Every one of them would only think

Of you and all your charms

And dream of great big octopus hugs

With all of my eight arms


I’d climb straight up a high sea wall

From the top I would exclaim

My suction cup’s wouldn’t let me fall

My love I would proclaim


I’d be as busy as busy could be

An epitome of versatility 

Dressed in my finest tux and tails

To perform for you a symphony 


Playing guitars and violins 

Conducted at your command

The flutes and timpani all join in

A serenading one man band


But there’s one thing only I could do

If I were an octopi

Is love you more than any human could 

And let me tell you why


‘Cause octopuses don’t have one heart

They are born with three 

And so it goes to figure 

I’d could love you more than me


Oh! If I could only be an octopus

I’d never complain Or make a fuss

I’d be so happy I could bust

‘Cause I could love you ...

Three times as much


John snelling

04:24:21

Comments

Popular Posts