Bleu Cheese Blues



Bleu cheese blues


The girl she likes her Bleu Cheese

But it better be nice and crumbled

Don’t you pour it from a bottle

Or you’ll hear her anger rumble


Now a big old greasy wing

Sho’nuff ready for some dipping

That dressing needs some big blue lumps

Before her lips she’ll start to lickin’ 


No mention of mushrooms or peppers

Or God forbid those smelly shallots 

These are just a few of the  things 

That just don’t please her palate


You’d better study hard my brother

I’d suggest you memorize 

Each item she likes and dislikes most 

Or you’ll end up penalized


If you serve her the wrong item

When her dish you do embellish

You will pay ever so dearly 

Her retribution is quite hellish 


I am surely not complaining 

Nor on her diet opining

Just remember she likes a desert so sweet

When she has finished all her dining


No doubt you’d call her finicky

And pleasing her’s quite  tricky

If you want to stay you’ll find a way 

To please this Picky Chicky 


For when it comes to boyfriends

Though there’s none that she will marry

She likes ‘em tall with a Southern drawl

Like her food her tastes aren’t varied


Now I’ll tell you a little secret 

That’s worked for me to date 

To make sure she is satisfied

With all that’s on her plate


I always serve the following 

In abundance every day

When she asks what I have for her 

This is what I say:


Morsels of memories 

Ladles of love 

Tidbits of tenderness

Helpings of heart


Servings of sincerity 

Dishes of desire 

Cupfuls of compassion

Pallets of pride


Pinches of passion

Teaspoons of trust

Gallons of gallantry 

Liters of lust 


These are just a few things 

For her to pick and choose

So I won’t end up all alone 

With just my Bleu Cheese Blues


John snelling 

01:13:21


Comments

Popular Posts