Viviendo la Vida Chico





viviendo la vida chico


With stubby little spindly legs 

Short as a Mexican mosquito

I was born up in the badlands 

Just South of Esposito

Raised along the rocky banks 

Of the Rio San Juanito

Learned the facts of life and more

From a gang of mean banditos


You might say I grew an attitude 

A chip on the old shoulder 

Being taunted ‘bout my size and such

Made my heart grow colder

Like a slow burning piece of coal

The resentment slowly smoldered

Becoming hotter though my youth

Flaming as I grew older 


The chant of “Here comes tiny”.

Became all too familiar 

Always teased for being smaller 

Than a cactus caterpillar 

I might have been a farmer’s

A blacksmith’s or a miller’s

But I was stone cold destined

To be a natural born killer 


One day an old compadre

Gave me an admonition

You better change your wayward ways

And make the tough decision 

To leave behind this life of crime

Of bullets, blood, and prison

Or an early grave awaits you 

So here’s my proposition


Put those guns down while you can

Make outlaw life your past

Watch your back and make your break

Get out quick and fast

But keep your plans a secret

In case you’re ever asked 

Your kind won’t let you leave so easy

They’ll hunt you to the last


So I learned to be quite crafty

As sneaky as a desert snake

Those who crossed my path regretted

Having done so sealed their fate

On the run I headed north

Where I made my great escape

Swam the muddy Rio Grande 

My sites on the United States


My travels were quite dangerous

The things that I went through

Coyotes even had me cornered

Shivering like Winnie the Pooh

But I only lost a little skin

On one back leg they chewed

I got away because I jumped

Higher than a kangaroo 


Made my way to the Tennessee hills

To start a brand new chapter

A family took me in and fed me

Everyday I just grew fatter

But they kicked me out because I had

A problem with my bladder

Thats when I saw the Señora next door

And decided to bark at her


Now much to my surprise

She barked right back at me

But her hiney smelled so good I knew

That it was meant to be

Now every might we snuggle

And I’m completely free

To raise my leg and let it fly

Wherever I need to pee 


She even built a sunny deck

I pee on just to please her

I know it makes her happy

‘Cause she always gives me treaters

And if my arms were long enough 

I’d grab her and I’d squeeze her

Instead I do my prairie dog

Just to taunt and tease her 


I guess you could say I’ve got it made

With my blue eyed Señorita

Yes my Gringa is so pretty

Life with her is neat’o

She a lucky girl to have me around

I’m her little burrito

And as we say where I come from

Viviendo la vida del perro


A dog’s life is the life for me

Just Living the Life of Chico


John snelling

10:24:20

Comments

Popular Posts