A Melody Left Alone

                             


a melody left alone

Floating on my mind

Like a distant memory

A wind chime jingle 

The breeze has left behind 

Drifting from my past

Like a long lost reverie

Thoughts of your kisses 

Playing out of time


Hauntingly beautiful 
Like a cathedral choir
joyous yet saddening 
As a lost child’s cry
Lyrics of love 
Like echoing arias
Intoning my soul
With a morning lullaby 

Singing of remembrance anew
Like an Irish ditty
Glasses raised
Drunken rhythms askew
Like sensual sounds
Ringing in my ear
Rekindling thoughts 
Of forever losing you

For if you ever leave me
Like a broken drum 
My heart will stop beating
With no will to go on
There will be only silence
Like a solitude song 
For no one will remember
A melody left alone

John snelling
01:18:20

#72

Comments

Popular Posts