Time To Spoon


                                    

Time to spoon

A special time is on the way
Better than even Christmas Day 
“Nothing is better than that!”, you say 
But please allow me to purvey

With fingers crossed I’ll roll the dice 
And say “I wish I may, I wish I might”
Then simply wait two little nights 
For my long awaited tryst

Not wanting to leave things to chance
Sweet things are done to enhance
The probability that this dance
Ends in a moment of true romance

Succulent dishes were prepared 
To seduce the pallet and show I care 
Fancy lace to adorn her fair 
In hopes the items she will wear 

All that can be done is done
Just waiting for the day to come
That your efforts are winsome 
In hopes that her heart will succumb 

So let the morning light the room 
The day has arrived! Not a moment too soon
Two lovers sing a single tune
Saturday morning! It’s Time To Spoon

John snelling
12:18:19

#69

Comments

Popular Posts