With You



WITH YOU


Cause and effect

Physics apply

Fundamental truths

The what and the why


What goes up

Must come down

For every silence 

There’s a sound


For every heartbeat

Life is given

For every heartbreak

Love is smitten


As night begets day 

Wrong begets right 

As love begets hate 

Peace begets a fight 


With you I found a meaning

A reason to exist 

Yet some things still perplex me 

A force I can’t resist


You are the heavenly body 

With a gravitational pull

And I am just the shooting star

Plunging towards your earth 


With You the laws of nature rule

With You they’re preordained 

With You my heart is shackled 

With You I am enchained


There’s just one more thing in life

That I can’t dispute

A fact that will not let me rest 

That my mind just won’t compute


For this there is no reason 

For this there’s no excuse 

The simple fact that I can’t sleep

If I can’t sleep ..... With You.



John Snelling

11:27:18


#18



Comments

Popular Posts