Chicory Blues


                                

Chicory Blues

As the evening breeze
Brushes the meadow grass
And the twilight shadows
Extend their arms at last

So do my thoughts 
Basked in this sunset of emory 
Reflect on the beauty 
Floating on my memory:

But no field of Southland flowers
Could match my mental hue
Each shade morphing 
Drawing me to you

Like a never ending film reel
That flickers and spins 
Fluttering and skipping
Starting over again 

Every dream I dream recalls
The color and the hue
Of two eyes piercing my heart 
J'aime tes yeux de bleu

Liquid pools that invite you in 
A steamy aqua roux
Each iris saying softly
A sweet merci beaucoup

No chroma of wildflowers
Touched with morning dew
Could ever compare
To your haunting Chicory Blues 

John Snelling
10:10:19

#59

J'aime tes yeux de bleu / I Love your Blue Eyes

Comments

Popular Posts